Saturday, February 19, 2011

My NYFW bliss

Ladies and gentlemen, my life has been made: I had the pleasure of attending Betsey Johnson's NYFW show!

If you haven't seen the hype (airbrushed-lace wigs! So many animal prints, ruffles and sweaters I want to steal! Store employees as models!), check out NY Mag's coverage of this insane event. For how I snuck backstage, stay here.

Sometimes, you just know you'll hate yourself if you don't take advantage of an opportunity. After the show, I noticed some guests headed toward the exit, and a few others walking backstage. I've been known to press my luck at concerts to meet my favorite bands, and decided, what's the worst that can happen?

How about a steady flow of champagne, schmoozing with the Pink Patch models and witnessing the incomparable Betsey Johnson and Patricia Field goof around like BFFs. I felt like a total creeper, but luckily no one asked me what I was doing or who I was!

I didn't get to meet Betsey, she was doing interviews and surrounded by people the entire time, but I am so glad I was able to witness her tremendous energy.

I'm not sure why my phone spazzed on Patricia Field's elbow.. possibly because I was a spazzy mess, as well?
Betsey and her amazing team
I took video of the final walk, including Betsey pulling Patricia on the runway for a little dance, but the audio is terrible (it was so loud that the bass was shaking my seat the entire time) and the lights from the runway make everyone look like ghosts.

I can't wait until NYFW is a steady part of my life! The few hours that I experienced were so much fun, and Betsey Johnson was one hell of a crash-course.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...