Friday, December 31, 2010

Style Resolutions

I am all about resolutions, omens, horoscopes and fresh starts. Pair that with sparkles, a great dress and a flowing supply of champagne, and you get one of my favorite holidays!

Although I make resolutions all throughout the year (and call them to-do lists to make 'em stick!), New Year's Eve is all about evaluating where your life was one year ago, seeing how far you've come and noting what you would like to accomplish next. My resolutions last year? To get signed with a modeling agency, create my blog and become an assistant editor at a fashion magazine. Yeah, the rest of you can go and lose five pounds, I'm getting my life in order over here!

So, that brings me to today. In just a few hours we will be propelled into an entirely new year, and though only a second separates the two, I am more than ready to drop 2010 into the past. My resolutions this year are a little more private (though I'd still like to get that job..), but the main one I'd like to share is so easy yet necessary:
Cue the confetti..

If I didn't wear it in 2010, I won't wear it in 2011.

That green shirt that says 'Cow Tipping'? Say hello to Goodwill. A vintage top that I still haven't found an outfit for? Peace out. A giant orange wool sweater that I thought was 'so New York' until I moved to New York? Not gonna happen.

The fact is, I look in my closet and I feel uninspired by clothes I no longer love or that define me. My style has changed exponentially throughout 2010, shouldn't my closet reflect that? I feel that there are a lot of people out there in a similar boat. Get rid of the clutter! I plan to pare down to about 60 percent of the items I currently own. Salvation Army better send a truck!

Happy New Year, fashionistas. I leave you with a few quotes from a few of my faves, just in case you still need a little resolution inspiration.


"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things."
--Kurt Vonnegut

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...