Thursday, January 6, 2011

Black Swan Style

In the list of things that have blown my mind recently, Black Swan ranks right up top. Besides Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis being hottie little sexpots and the insane dancing, this psycho-thriller with tutus had me on edge for both its cringe-inducing scenes and breathtaking costume design by Rodarte.

FEATHERS.
The Mulleavy sisters took this movie to an entirely different level with sensual and feminine yet dark pieces. I'm sensing that upcoming Fashion Week shows will be heavily influenced by this flick, especially considering the new ballet-themed BCBG Max Azria holiday collection has already taken hold. I doubt I'll hop on the tutu bandwagon, but I am definitely willing to give feathers a test drive, starting with these hot pieces.

Channel the Swan Queen with elegant white feather earrings from Urban Outfitters:
White wrapped feather earrings, $20 at Urban Outfitters
Or let out your inner black swan with a dark and daring feathered mini:
Lipsy feathered shoulder jersey dress, $52 (was $86) at Asos.com
Take your style higher with a feathered cuff:
D&G Black feathered embellished cuff, $149 (was $248) at my-wardrobe.com
Or take on a touch of flight with this elegant-yet-edgy clutch:
Feather clutch, $80 (was $138) at Ann Taylor


My level of enjoyment for this movie may have been amped by the fact that my mom had her eyes covered throughout 3/4 of the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, here is the trailer. Just watching this has my skin crawling all over again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...