Saturday, May 7, 2011

RIP, laptop

Funny how electronics aren't waterproof, right?

In a fitting death, my laptop has met its demise via one unfortunate tipping of the wine glass. Future lesson: never paint your nails while drinking wine and watching Hulu. At least, that's how it happened for me..

For the past week I've been borrowing my boyfriend's laptop as a temporary solution while I comparison shop for computers (which is the absolute last thing I need as an unemployed gal with a steadily dwindling bank account). One bright spot in a cloudy day--after owning my previous laptop for the past six years, I guess I didn't realize how sexy computers have gotten!

I have no idea if Macs are worth their price in the war against PCs, but in my dream world that is too rich to care, this 15" Macbook Pro is the beauty I'd own next:

15" Macbook Pro, starting at $1,799 at Apple

Barbie's (and possibly mine, too) dream laptop:
14" Sony Vaio EA series laptop, $850 at Sony
I wouldn't buy a computer on looks alone (or in this trust-fund price range), but if I did, this would be the one that is the most "me!"

15" HP Envy, $1,999 at Best Buy

Being the Virgo that I am, I have obviously looked at every computer in existence to find the best deal. As you can tell, style is beginning to compromise my senses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...